At Barking Mad we are all devoted dog lovers. Our mission is to provide first class care for your dog and change the face of dog care across the UK.
Our award-winning dog sitting service puts your dog first. We provide unbeatable bespoke dog care through our wide network of dedicated, dog-loving host families.
Whilst we are dedicated to ensuring your furry friend receives the best possible care in your absence, we are also passionate about the wellbeing of your dog as a whole. This is why we are committed to seeking and promoting the best dog care services available to you.
Do you have pet insurance in place?
There are many unforeseen risks associated with owning a dog. At Barking Mad we believe pet insurance is an essential part of responsible dog ownership.
In the unfortunate event of illness or injury, your dog’s care should not be compromised through concerns over the cost of treatment.
We know that you want the very best for your dog and encourage you to seek a reliable pet insurance policy. With the correct insurance in place, you will receive financial assistance with the cost of unexpected veterinary bills.
When experiencing the stress of your companion being unwell, the last thing you need is to be worrying about how to pay the next vet bill or how to find the money for essential medication.
How to choose the best pet insurance
Not all pet insurance plans are equal and it is essential to shop around for the most comprehensive cover.
It is important to compare insurance products in detail to fully understand exactly which conditions and services are covered.
Here are just some of the key questions to ask about insurance policies:
• Does the policy cover pre-existing conditions?
• Are hereditary and congenital illnesses, dental treatment, hip conditions and behavioural issues covered?
• Will the policy cover my dog for ongoing conditions into old age?
• Are boarding fees covered?
• Does the policy cover third party liability?
• At what figure will insurance payments cease?
• What is the excess payment which I need to cover upfront when placing a claim?
• Will my excess or premium increase if I make a claim?
• At renewal, will exclusions be put in place for an illness which occurred in the previous year?
As you can start to see from the above, finding the right pet insurance policy can be both confusing and time consuming.
Petplan is the UK’s favourite pet insurance provider with over 36 years of experience. They have made it easier to find the right cover for your dog.
Petplan offers different levels of cover to suit all dogs and budgets, including their Covered for Life® and Petplan Essential® policies. All Petplan packages offer comprehensive benefits and their policies are consistently promoted by vets.
Four good reasons to select a Petplan policy:
• They offer a variety of packages to suit all budgets
• 90% of claims are settled within 5 working days
• 9 out of 10 vets recommend their policies
• 90% of customers renew their Petplan policies
Would you like 4 weeks’ free insurance?
Petplan offers an introductory 4 weeks’ free pet insurance. Cover for injury starts immediately upon activation, with illness cover starting 14 days after you activate your policy.
Once you have the correct insurance in place and have booked your dog’s holiday with one of our experienced dog sitting host families, you can sit back and relax, safe in the knowledge that you’re providing the very best care for your companion.
Dogs come in all shapes, sizes and ages and deserve individually tailored care.
At Barking Mad we love them all.