At Barking Mad we have a solution; our hosts get to enjoy the companionship of a dog without the financial or emotional commitment of being a dog owner.
We are the UK’s most trusted dog sitting service and we’re devoted to dogs, so that’s why we love organising fabulous one-to-one dog holidays. Barking Mad Dog Sitting Hosts enjoy friendly dogs to visit for short stays and holidays, while their owners are away. We organise every aspect of the dog’s holiday, which means we collect the dog from the owners’ home and drop them off with their holiday Host family. On the last day of the holiday, we collect the dog from you and return them back to their owner.
– Helps to combat loneliness, especially in winter months.
– Stay fit, healthy and active by going on walks
– Enjoy the fun and companionship of a dog from time to time without the cost and commitment of ownership.
– Dogs are carefully matched to suit your home and lifestyle.
– Everything is arranged for you, we even transport the dog to your home
– All dogs come with all their own food, toys and other belongings.
– Opportunity to meet up with other hosts at our social get-togethers.
– Hosts can choose when they are available around their own holidays and commitments.
– We cover all expenses and take care of everything such as insurance, meetings and paperwork, along with full local support 24/7.
– We offer our host families lots of ongoing support and training to make sure you get the most out of hosting.
We take care of everything to ensure all of our host families are fully compliant with home boarding regulations and all of our host families fall under our Barking Mad business owners license, so there’s nothing for you to do except enjoy doggy companionship.
Our dog sitters need to be true dog lovers! We are looking for people who are genuinely passionate about working with dogs and have experience looking after them. Potential Hosts must also have a secure property and a secure outside space. Unfortunately, we cannot recruit host families with children under the age of five or those who have existing pets of their own that wouldn’t be appropriate for visiting dogs.
We will arrange an initial meeting with you at home to explain everything you need to know about dog hosting and confirm your property is safe and sound for your furry visitors. There may be an additional follow up meeting where we bring along the local animal license inspector but it’s all done at your convenience with your local branch owner coordinating everything.